Thursday, May 3, 2012

Ombre rose cupcakes DIY

Ombre Rose Cupcakes DIY

Baking. I love it. I don't do it as much as I would like though. but when my brother gave me a rose bud cake pan I couldn't just not bake some delicious treats right away. And let me tell you, they were soooo delicious. 

I used the vanilla letter cupcake recipe via Martha Stewart. It was one of the most delicious recipe's I have ever used. I did however add my own little twist with it..I've been obsessed with doing ombre crafts..and while a large majority have not turned out yet, these one's did. :) 

Ingredients
3 cups all-purpose flower
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter softened
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 4 large eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups milk


Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside. Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer. Mix on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla. Reduce speed to medium. Mix in 3 batches of flour mixture, alternating with 2 batches of milk. Raise speed to medium-high; mix until thoroughly blended, 10 to 20 seconds.

2. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake until a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 17 minutes. Let cool in tin on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from tin; let cool completely. Line tin with muffin cups; repeat process with remaining batter.


My Twist
1. Split up the batter in fourths and add different portions of food coloring,
{ I didn't make the middle two different enough so it only looks like thirds, but that is more than okay with me} I used creamy peach wilton color gel. If you don't use coloring gel, do. It's amazing.


2. Layer the batter one on top of another & bake. 

p.s. The pan is a nordic ware sweetheart rose pan. {25-30$} It's fun, get it. 


WAH-LAH!
ombre rose cupcakes. :) 



xo, rach



3 comments:

  1. oh wow this looks lovely!

    honey,
    www.honeyfullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafy! I love reading your blog you have such fun ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! You're so sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Insert clever &/or gracious response here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...